Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This one's for you, Liz Hicks!

Actually, these three are for you! But, it sounds better the other way! LOL!

First up is a layout that I just love! It's Little Man pointing out his body parts. I was so excited to actually get it on film. Normally, he stops doing it when I try to take his picture. I created a little mini book on the layout to show each of them. I used Prima Dude paper and two of the large journaling pages. The one with the title I cut in half so that the title would show up better.





This next little goodie is a Goodwill purchase. It's a perpetual calendar from Hallmark. I used to work at a Hallmark and always wanted one but as a college student couldn't really justify the $12.00 price tag! LOL! This one was $2.99...much better! I sanded it, painted the edges, and then used modge podge to cover it with my favorite Prima Dude paper. The date blocks are covered with Making Memories paper and then have the numbers stamped on them. I used skinni minni Quickutz letters to spell out the months. I'm going to put regular pens and pencils in the slot in the back.





And, lastly, a pennant flag banner for my laundry room, if it ever gets finished!! Andrew called the drywall guy tonight so hopefully we hear from him soon! I kept the base Jenni Bowlin pennants the way they were because my room is going to be mainly white. But, the Prima Dude colors are perfect for my room. I have this really cute valance that's striped almost exactly like the paper!!

Here's a close up of one of the letters. The letters are Creative Imaginations and I painted them and then went over the swirl pattern with a glitter pen. I cut the edges of the strips of striped paper with scalloped edged scissors and stickled the white dots. I then layered a couple of Prima flowers at the bottom and put a coordinating gem in the center. A button at the top finished it off and I threaded them all on Stampin' Up! white grosgrain ribbon.
Each pennant has a blue, green, orange and red element on it. Since I'm not very good at randomness, the color order from left to right and top to bottom is blue, orange, green and red. Did I explain that right?
Anyway, these are my three Prima Dude projects I've been working on lately and I dedicate them to Liz. Check out her blog for much more and much cooler Prima goodies!!!

7 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

wow! look at your fancy gorgeous new banner! I love your projects, very pretty. um, we are looking by our work, in tigard on hwy 99. We like our new jobs pretty well, we are in different departments and work different schedules, but it is a pretty good company.

joscelyne cutchens said...

OH my goodness gracious. I LOVE all of these projects! You're awesome girlee! :)

Unknown said...

Found your blog by blog hoppin'... I must say, those are some darn cute projects and the layout with the tabs, what a clever idea! And yes, you do have some pretty nieces!:)

Lynn said...

Wow Erica...you've been busy making some gorgeous stuff! Love it all!

Tezra Williams said...

OMG, love that book!!

IamDerby said...

Love your banner! Now if only I had a washroom

Unknown said...

Finally I am getting over here! I love love love what you did here!!! I think of Mickey every time I pick up a piece of Dude PP!

It is totally him!!!

thank you for the sweet shout out, I am giving you one today to, so check out my blog!