Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Hello, 2016!

Hello, 2016! This is my first layout for the year. I've been itching to scrap lately. I made a December Daily album but it was pocket based...just not the same!

I decided to take part in Bossy Scrapper, a scrapping challenge hosted by my favorite scrap store, Scrap Happy Deals. It's run by my friend, Kim. 

Bossy Scrapper is a game where you have to create a layout using the items that Bossy says. In a real crop situation, "Bossy" hollers out the items over a period of time and you have to add as you go. Online, you get the whole list at once. Both are loads of fun and very inspiring for me.

The list for this month's challenge is three photos, an arrow, square alphas, ink, gold foil or glitter, rubons, word stickers, and sequins. It worked out well for me because I'd just gotten this awesome sheet of gold glitter POW paper and really wanted to use it. 

I switched my photos to black and white because the book Audrey is reading is a Christmas book and I didn't want that to be the focus of the layout. I wanted her wanting to be with me to be the focus.


I cut the "make each moment count" out of a Project Life card. I also used three other PL cards on my page. One I cut in half for a color accent, one for the LOVE next to the biggest photo, and the other for my journaling. I have sooooo many PL cards are really need to use them more.


Journaling reads, "I'd love to say I said yes right away but I didn't. It took me a minute to realize that you wanting to always be with me won't last and that one day I'll miss this. 12-14-15"

Basically, I almost told my sweet girl that I didn't want to be around her. That I needed my bath time to be my little bit of solitude. Then I realized that in 12 short years, she may not even live in our house anymore and my need for privacy seemed a little less pressing. 


She did a great job reading to me. I'm always impressed by her and her reading skills. She doesn't get frustrated when she doesn't know a word and she always is up for more reading. It makes my little bookworm heart proud!


So, that's it for my first layout of 2016. Have you scrapped this year?

No comments: