Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm back...and he's one!!!

So, we've now spent three nights in a row at our own home!!! Still no shower but DH and I will be picking out tile on Wednesday so hopefully, that will be working in a week or two. In the meantime, it means daily trips over to mom's for a shower. :D Oh, and no door yet either. Not that we ever close it when we are alone but, if someone else comes over, it may be a bit of a problem. LOL!

I've got laundry to do, a scrap area to clean, a CKC to pack for, a baby to wean and an office to clean. The office is really what I'm dreading the most. It is located right across the hall from the bathroom and has no door. There is drywall dust and blown insulation all over everything. And, tons of little things to dust and a lot of the bathroom stuff was in a laundry basket right in the doorway. It is soooo dirty! So, I'm doing something else right now and telling you all about it! LOL!!!

In other news...my little baby is one year old!!!! His birthday was Sunday and we had a big party for him. There were a ton of people there. We thought about just us and his grandparents but, his aunts and uncles and cousins all love him so much, we knew they'd feel left out. It was my first time throwing a birthday party and I think it went well. However, we won't be doing such a big event for every birthday. We'll just have a potluck or go out to dinner with the family. But, first birthday's are special.

Mickey had a great time. Everyone wanted to hold him and he got to eat a little bit of pizza and some cake! Yes, I gave him his own cake. I expected a cake bomb to go off but, he was actually very restrained. I think it's because he's used to having all his food in small pieces and wasn't sure what to do with this huge thing in front of him. I don't think it registered as food to him! LOL. He did do some lovely finger painting with the frosting though.

He had his one year doctors appointment today and it is official. My son is one tall drink of water. At 30 3/4" tall he's in the 80th percentile for height and at 20lbs 12 oz he's only in the 25th percentile for weight. Oh, and he's almost in the 100th percentile for head size!!! LOL!!! He is definately starting to resemble Andrew and my body types!!! (Well, mine before I had him!!!) Tall, thin and big heads!!! Seriously, I have a big head. Andrew's hats almost fit me. Just a little loose. Anyway, I wasn't suprised by this info about Mickey. His 12 month clothes are a little loose and very short and he just crawls right out of his 18 month pants. Our family has no butts!!! ;)

Oh, and my cousin's baby, Maverick was at Mickey's party and he weighs almost 18 lbs, wears size 12 months clothing and is almost into size four diapers. Why is this news worthy??? Because he's only 3 1/2 months old!!!! Yep, he is so trying to catch up to his BFF, Mickey. :D

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember my little ones first birthday and they are special! All the fun with friends and family and opening all the baby gifts! Woo-hoo!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday to the little guy.
Congrats on being home. I am sure you missed it.

Samantha said...

Happy B-day to your little one!! I'm glad to hear you're back in your own house, bathroom door or not :) I take it you're coming to CKC Seattle? I'll be there!!

Samantha said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :) I'm not taking any classes at CKC. I heard about it way too late. However, I will be at the CKMB lunch Friday afternoon. I hope to see you there!!

joscelyne cutchens said...

Happy Birthday Little Man!
I can't wait til CKC Seattle!

Latrice said...

You're hilarious!! You answered right on my blog. Check it out tomorrow to see if you won!! Love ya girl!!

Unknown said...

hey mickey!!!

congrats on the little guy turning one. Our kids were the same way tall, skinny, big headed up until two and then they evened out. Can I pout now or later that there is no CKC in socal? have fun for me! and I am definately enabling on the alcohol inks.

~Liz