Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Fourth (Part I)

We spent the first half of our Fourth of July in Canby. My little hometown celebrates it's namesake on the Fourth with a big General Canby Days celebration. Lots of booths and firetrucks and such in the middle of town. Followed by the Fourth of July/General Canby Days parade.

Lots of cool old cars on display and in the parade. This car had the coolest paint job I've ever seen!I bought the coolest chest ever at a garage sale right across the street from the event. $25.00 was all that this lovely number cost me!
The drawers are 5"x7"x14"!!! Perfect for my scrapbooking goodies!!!

After walking around the booths, we spent quite a bit of time hanging out in Wait Park in the middle of it all. Little man is a huge fan of the slides! He kept wanting to walk up the slides though. I think he's got it figured out now, though. He loves steps, too!
He also enjoyed the parade. Check out his mad clappin' skills!! :D

All the boys (young and old) loved this entry!
This was my favorite float. So flippin' cool! :D

Kickin' back, relaxin'.
Her dress made me think about scrapbooking! LOL!
I loved this tractor!!!

Mickey "moo-ed" when he saw the horses. "Moo" is his word for any animal that isn't a dog, cat or bird. He's a big fan of moo-horses.

A much bigger fan than these guys! LOL!

Hope you all had a great Fourth! I'll get the rest of our day up later.

2 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

the little man's getting so big! LOVE that chest! awesome! Hope you're having a great day! :)

Christina Carnoy said...

gorgeous pics! your little man is such a darlin'! and that chest is such a terrific find!!!