Thursday, August 7, 2008

Scrappin' and Snappin'!

Snappin' first because without snappin' there's nothing for scrappin', right?

I caved and am renting this bad boy for the wedding tomorrow. Since I'm renting it for a Friday I can keep it over the weekend and just have to have it back by 10:00 am Monday. And, I can pick it up today at 3:00!!! Whoo-hoo! Almost four days for the price of one!! I really wanted to rent this bad boy from Tamron instead but, they only rent Canon and Nikon lenses. I will eventually buy the Tamron. It's a great lens and almost as good a quality as the Canon but at about a THIRD of the price!!! You just can't beat that with a stick! :D Oh, and it's only costing me $30.00 to rent it. Yeah, baby!

Now, for the scrappin'! I registered for CKC-Seattle yesterday! I got all of the classes I wanted and I may add more when they finally get the Scenic Route classes up. I e-mailed Layle from SR about classes and they will have THREE classes there this year! No booth, though. Bummer! I haven't gotten my hotel room yet but I think I'll be doing that today.

Anyway, if you're going to CKC-Seattle leave me a little shout out here. I can't wait for November!!!! :D

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

I am loving what you are doing with your blog, love the new look!

I haven't registered for CKC Seattle yet, but I did get my hotel room reserved! I am just waiting to get paid to get registered, I am hoping the ones I want are still there!! Hope to see you there.

Hey, did I do something wrong? It seems like you haven't been to my blog lately, so am worried I have upset you or something. Of course, I may just be over reacting as usual! lol

Erica Hettwer said...

Oh, Gosh No!!!! I have been to your blog, I just have Reader now and it's made me lazy with my commenting!!! LOL!!!

What hotel are you staying at???

Kay said...

I sooo want to be going to CKC with you all but it's not in the budget for this year. :(

I will be at Portland though!!

Marilyn said...

Now I am embarrassed!! I suffer from the same GR disease!! I am forcing myself to take the extra time/effort for commenting though, I know everyone else loves comments just like me! It is worth it though :).

We are staying at the Hilton again. We are not sure what classes we will get, as we have to wait for funds to become available, lol! I will let you know as soon as we know. :)

tigardlilly said...

You should stay at the Hilton, Hilton, Hilton! That's where the even ing crops are! Stay at the Hilton, Hilton, Hilton. I'll be fun, were hitting Happy Hour before the crops! Or at least I am.

IamDerby said...

You are so lucky! I wish one of those CKCs would get closer to me!

Unknown said...

hey!

I tweeked the pic you DH took of you, email me so I can remember to send it to you. Glad to see you are doing well, and hope you had fun with the lens!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erica - I am going to CKC again this year. Maybe we can all get together for a CKMB lunch again :)