Friday, June 15, 2012

Brave-Punky Sprouts Style

This month we got to play with the awesome mists from Lindy's Stamp Gang along with some of my favorite Crafter's Workshop templates. I used the adorable Tutu Punk album and created a sort of art journal based on my One Little Word for this year, Brave.

I used gel medium to adhere Lil' Lacey Blossoms and some of my favorite quotes about braveness. I covered the corrugated and chipboard pages with a layer of gesso and then added mists, the other pages I sprayed directly on them.

I stamped as well as doodled on the chipboard pages. Basically, I just had a bunch of fun with it!!!





I also played around with the templates. On this page, I sprayed on the template itself and used it as a stamp!

This next page has one of my favorite quotes about bravery on it.



On this page, I wanted it to reflect the quote so I sprayed the Blossoms yellow and then adhered some mica flakes on them to resemble a beach of sorts.




I added a bunch of glitter over the Blossom on this page. I love this quote by Donna Downey, when I'm crafting I try to keep it in the forefront of my mind. :)




I hope you enjoyed this album, it's my first foray into art journaling and I really had a lot of fun.

Supplies Used:
Punky Sprouts~Tutu Punk, ~Lil Lacey Blossoms small, ~Lil Lacey Blossoms large
Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists~Ramblin' Rose Pink, ~Rudolph's Nose Red, ~Red Hot Poker Orange, ~Hog's Wart Orange, ~California Poppy Gold, ~Tibetan Poppy Teal, ~Breakfast Club Blue, ~Witch's Potion Purple
The Crafter's Workshop Templates~6" Chicken Wire, ~12" Numbers, ~6" Numbers
Stamps~Inkadinkado, ~My Mind's Eye, ~Cocoa Daisy
OtherAlpha Stickers~American Crafts, Pens~Zig Millennium & Uniball, Ink-Momento, Bling-Prima, Sequins-Darice, Mica-Karen Foster, Glitter-Blick, Gesso & Gel Medium-Liquitex

No comments: