Wednesday, March 11, 2015

She's Back!!! Shimelle is back!!!

After what I'm sure was one glorious year of maternity leave, Shimelle is back! 

(layout from her blog)

Who is Shimelle you say? Well, she was born and raised in the US, went to college in the UK, married a Brit and they just had a boy about a year ago. She has a very popular YouTube channel, was a Garden Girl for Two Peas in a Bucket, and has two line with American Crafts. 

I love her videos. They keep me company while I'm scrapping and bring me inspiration when I'm lacking. They are long enough that I'm not always having to click on a new one and yet short enough to not bore me. 

I love her voice. It's the consummate teacher's voice. Calm, yet inspiring. Instructive, yet lilting. Once you hear it, you'll never forget it. And yes, I do read her blog posts in her voice. 

Yes, I know it's sounding like I have a bit of a girl crush. But, it's cause I do. She makes me feel like what I scrap is good enough. That she's helping me just to get going, to get me inspired, to get me joining in this awesome hobby of paper crafting.


Anyway, she's started off with a new blog post/video series called Cut, Stick, Stamp. Basically it's about using your stamps in more than one way to get the most use out of them. As someone who's an expert shopper, I need this in my life. Especially, since I tend to buy stamps as something that's so versatile. Except, I rarely use them once, let alone many times. 


So, excuse my fan-girling, but I'm a tad bit excited about this! If you're a paper crafter who hasn't heard of her, do yourself a favor and pop on over. You'll love her!

No comments: