Friday, October 2, 2015

Chicken Coop

This layout honestly came together because I wanted to use that feather background paper. I just loved it and wanted to be sure that it didn't become one of those papers I hoarded and never used. Because, we all have those papers and then they become papers we don't love instead of layouts.


Since we acquired ten chickens this spring, the logical topic for my layout with a feather background was them. More specifically their coop. 


There were a few different aspects of the coop and it's building that I wanted to cover but they really didn't flow well together so I broke up my journaling into three different areas. 


I really liked this technique and will be using it again. It would have required a lot more space for me to segue into each different topic of the coop and it's building if I'd tried to keep all the journaling together. I tend to get wordy when I'm covering all the bases of a topic. I want it to flow naturally and make sense and all it does is turn into a lot of rambling and the main points get a bit lost and overwhelmed. (Like I'm doing now.)


Most of the products on this page were fairly new, or at least new to me. Except for the chicken that I used for the first word of the title, that's an oldie from Cosmo Cricket. I love that it's a hen, or looks like a hen. Most chicken stuff is roosters and I only have hens! It's another reason why I like feathers so much right now and wanted to use this paper. :)

No comments: