Tuesday, October 21, 2008

He's Two!!!

Holy Moly! My little man turned two today. It's just amazing to me how fast it's gone.

He had his 24 month check-up today. At 36 1/2" and 29 1/2 lbs he's in the 97th percentile for height and the 70th for weight. And, he's over the 97th percentile for head size. Yep, I gave birth to a lollypop!

Mickey calls his grandma "Bah-bong". We have no idea why, but it is just hilarious!

His great-grandma he calls "grn". He gets upset when we drive by her house without stopping.

He calls a school bus "puh-kool".

Our dog Devo is now "Doh-doh".

He can point to and say star and arrow and while circle, square and triangle are all "ah-kuhl", he will point to the right one when you ask him to.

He loves bananas "mana's". The one day I left them on the counter instead of the top of the fridge he ate 3 1/2 of them! That doesn't include the one he ate for breakfast. Funny thing, I thought he'd only eaten 2 1/2 until I looked in the garbage can. He'd thrown away one of the peels!!!


He loves books. I've come into the room and he'll be just chillin' on the couch with a book.

Tractors and trains are a big thing for him too. A few days ago he started saying "choo-choo train" instead of just "choo-choo". Pretty cool stuff!

He loves animals. Devo and Rillah are his buds and he loves giving them kisses. Even when Devo runs away and Rillah swats at him. He still loves them to pieces!

He got to ride in the car grocery cart today. I think this will be a very, very rare occurence as that bad boy is long and really hard to manuever!

I love every little thing about him. I love how when you are holding him and you pat him on the back, he'll pat you with his little hand. I love the feel of his little arm wrapped around my neck. I love the smell of his hair. I love how his pants fall off of him because he's so slender. I love how we play Marco Polo except it's Ma-ma, Mickey. I love how he gives kisses.


I love having him in my life. Thanks for making me a mama, Mitchell Jack Hettwer!

3 comments:

LouAnn said...

Awww. Happy Birthday Mickey! This is such a fun age although it does have it's ups and downs. It just keeps getting better.
Can't stand those shopping carts. The kids love them but they are to big to drive.

LouAnn

Samantha said...

Hey, girl! It's been too long since we last blogged at each other! Happy B-day to your little man. He's adorable!

I just read about your little accident. I'm so glad everyone is all right! I got rear-ended a few years ago, and I was a mess, too. We were all at a stand-still when the guy behind me *thought* it was time to go, so he gunned it and smashed right into my bumper. What an idiot.

I hope you're having a good day!! HUGS :)

Christina Carnoy said...

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dear mickey
happy birthday to you!!!