Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hardcore Potty Training

is happening here today. Mickey is in unders (except for nap and bedtime) and I will be doing a lot more laundry. Sigh. He's so mellow about some things and not really easily influenced about others, that it's hard to bribe him or use peer pressure on him. This will be great when he's a teen but right now I just want to be done with diapers! LOL!

Our training right now consists of me asking him if he needs to go and sitting him down every 15-30 minutes to try. He hasn't "gone" yet so I'm going to up the ante after his nap and give him as much apple juice as he wants and I'm going to have him help clean up his accidents. No big scolding just learning that peeing in the undies leads to him having to take off his clothes, wipe himself down and put the dirty clothes in a laundry basket in the garage. We're also going to work on teaching him to take his clothes off by himself and dress himself. Not just for potty training but also because it's one of the things that I was asked about at his 3-year check up. (You know, we'd be a lot more up on these things if they let us know about them ahead of time. LOL!)

Oh, speaking of his 3-year check up, I realized that I haven't let my son use scissors yet. I know, I know, I'm a scrapper you'd think it would be a given that he would be all over it. But, he's just not that into paper crafting/drawing/etc and I haven't given him the chance with scissors yet. I have three pair of safety scissors so I'm not sure what my issue is. I'd like to use the baby and the move as an excuse but I can't. I'm going to have get my little guy some crafty time!

No comments: