Monday, April 23, 2012

Yet Another Reason I Love Lily Bee Designs!!! (Lily Bee Sketch Challenge #8)

(Or, how I was rewarded for rudeness! Yikes!)



So, if you remember a while back, I created this layout for Lily Bee's sketch challenge and won the random draw! Yay!!!!


I found out I won on Christmas Eve and by Valentine's Day I still hadn't received anything so I e-mailed them just to be sure they got my e-mail with my mailing address. The very next week, I received the scrumptious Head Over Heels line. Happy sigh!



Well, fast forward to March and I receive another package in the mail from Lily Bee. Huh? I hadn't won anything since that sketch challenge and I already got my goodies for that. I opened it up and found the new Victoria Park line!




I e-mailed Linda at Lily Bee, first to apologize for being rude and not thanking them when I received the Head Over Heels line and, second to find out if I should send Victoria Park directly back to them or if there was another scrapper they needed me to forward it on to.


Well, she e-mailed me back, told me to keep it and make something fab!


Can't argue with that, so here's my "something fab"!




I the sketch from their current sketch challenge and altered it just a bit. Instead of three photos side by side, I used a collage of four photos, outtakes from Aud's photo shoot for her birthday invites.




Confetti is quite trendy right now in scrapping and it also helps convey how windy it was that day.




I used my Glossy Accents to adhere the confetti because it has the smallest applicator tip...and my glue pens are kind of dried up. ;)


Anyway, this is just another example of why I love Lily Bee and, how my rudeness was rewarded. Yikes!


(And you better believe I made sure to thank them profusely for letting me keep Victoria Park!)

4 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

HOW RUDE?! heeee, just kidding. I LOVE it. gorgeous papers and gorgeous scrapping. and AUD. of course, gorgeous. xoxox

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh, I loved the story...so glad you got a nice surprise in the mail! Gorgeous layout!

Unknown said...

Aw, I'm so glad you made something with it to share with us! And not rude at all! LOL! Love this layout. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us!

kate blue said...

you are so funny! Love the green; wish more folks used that color and the confetti is killer!

ps-beats waiting 4 months like I had to wait from Roberts Crafts..they were super slow...lol