Friday, April 26, 2013

My HOTP Favs!

Since my new job at Hot Off the Press (and their catalog, Paper Wishes) has been taking up all my time lately, I though I'd share some of my favorites from HOTP and the Paper Wishes catalog. 

I'll start with some of my HOTP favs and then on Monday, I'll post my favorite goodies from the Paper Wishes catalog. (And a few of my layouts that I swiped from the website as well!)

First up, my very favorite paper line, Happy Days! It's double-sided (which all HOTP papers are on their way to being) and it has an amazing color palette. It's got a fabulous zig-zag pattern and my very favorite piece is that quilt pattern on a white background. It's a great line for it's versatility. I can focus on it's brights or it's lighter colors and make it as busy or as calm as I need. I really adore this line!


Next up, Grapefruit! It's my favorite from the lines that we just released in our summer catalog. I love the pinks and oranges and pops of black! It's got a couple of awesome tone on tone papers that I just love to use!


Oh, and here's one of the layouts I mentioned. This one not only features my lovely little girl, Audrey, it's also on the cover of the catalog! (And, if you sign up for the e-mails, you'll see her smiling face again in a National Scrapbooking Day e-mail!)


And, here's a layout of Mickey from that same catalog. It uses the new Geometrics line. I was afraid he'd be mad that Aud made the cover and he didn't but he was fine with it. :)

This next line, Penelope, is another favorite from last release. This one has the aquas and pinks that I just love. I adore it so much, I used it to decorate my tool containers at work! (Love that scalloped paper!)


And finally, a favorite from before I started, Home Grown. This is a great vintage line and one I need to buy for my mom as I'm pretty sure it's her favorite, too!


Oooh, and they just started carrying 6x6 paper pads!  I'm completely smitten with Rosemary & Thyme! There are some completely awesome papers in this pad. It's hard to see from the cover but trust me, it's amazing!


The HOTP papers are great for all of you who like to alter items. They are a lighter weight, more like Jenni Bowlin's papers before they became two sided, and lend themselves to covering items nicely. Even their double sided papers are this same weight so you aren't limited in what lines you can use.

Next up, stamps! I really have got to say one thing. HOTP has great quality stamps. They aren't mushy at all and even their most delicate designs stamp cleanly. I was really impressed with them from the get go!

My favorite large set is the Happy Patterns set. It coordinates with the Happy Days papers and is just so cool and trendy! Love the borders and the hexagons and the awesome chevrons!

Finally, here are a couple of small stamp sets that I love, too! This Cute as a Button set is just that, cute! These will get lots of use with the cards I make for my mom and grandma.


I love this Ticket set, too! It's just cute and I can see using it on cards and as a great little accent on my layouts as well. 


So, there are some of my favorites from Hot Off the Press. What do you guys think? Does this put HOTP back on your radar?

No comments: