Monday, April 29, 2013

Paper Wishes

Now, this post is going to cover some of my favorite tools and storage solutions I've found while working at Hot Off the Press. These are all non-HOTP items that are carried in their online/mailer catalog, Paper Wishes. In the future, from time to time, I'll share some of the new/cool goodies I've found in our catalog.

First up, a craft knife. Now, I know everyone has one and quite a few of you have retractable ones, but this one is the best one I've found. It's one of the first things I bought for my personal crafting after I started at HOTP. This craft knife looks almost like a pen and works that way too. You push the end to reveal the blade and push a small button on the side to retract it. The blade is really small and that makes it a lot easier to work with. I use this every day!


Now, some of you may have already seen this, but I sure hadn't. Check it out, NINE HUNDRED Zots in one box. NINE HUNDRED!!! Seriously, just awesome and I love the container/dispenser. It keeps my Zots from getting all over everything when I take it somewhere yet it's easy to quickly reveal some to work with. I used to be a Glue Dot gal all the way, but this big box of awesomeness has totally won me over. I'm a Zot gir!!!




Next up, some really awesome storage solutions. I once found some of these 12x12 trays at a garage sale and snagged them up so quickly I gave the lady next to me, whip-lash! (Not really, but I seriously pounced on them!) I was so excited to see that we carry them and I bought 10 right off the bat. For those of you that have IKEA's Expedit, six of these trays will fit in one opening. 


They also fit in the Jet-Max cubes. I've got one of them upside down in the top section of this cube(mine actually has a shelf in the top section and my DVD player is in the top slot). It acts like a little shelf and it helps me utilize all the space in that cube. I also used two that way in my kids' homework Expedit. I have a basket of their projects on top and I put important info on the bottom. It's really helped me not to lose those important papers.
This Vertical File is one that I was super excited about! It's like the Cropper Hopper vertical paper holders but it fits in the Expedit and it's white!!!


It also comes in pink, orange, green and blue.




 I got green and pink for the kids' new craft station and work really well! I'm planning on getting more of these in white for my craft room once my redo is done.

Well, that's all for now. I've got a few other storage items I'm looking into and I'll post about them once I get my room redo completed. (There's a ton of purging and perhaps some furniture moving in my future!)

Oh, and if you've ever wondered what my voice sounds like (or what my hands look like) you can check out some of the newer product videos at Paper Wishes. For example, this one I did about Glitz's Love You Madly line. And yes, I am a goof ball.  :)

2 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

You did very well on your video!! Bravo!!! What's next, YouTube tutorials??? You go girl!!!

Heather said...

Hi Erica its good to catch up with your blog again. I left the blogging scene about 18 months ago as I was finding it difficult to keep up with everybody! Now I have reduced the number of blogs in my reader hopefully I will stay in touch. Im glad to see you are all well & your kids look as adorable as ever!! xx