Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bathroom Mayhem and Hotel Mommy!

I'm writing this blog from Hotel Mommy!!! We are actually staying at my folks house while Andrew guts our one and only bathroom. Fortunately, Mom and Larry are out of town for two weeks so we aren't in each others hair. :D I don't think that being awakened by a screaming child at one in the morning is what a couple of sixty year olds really want to experience! LOL! And, being awakened by my step-dad bellering on the phone to Japan at six in the morning is so not something Mickey and I need in our lives right now! ;)

DH is actually over at our house right now. He wanted to stay there tonight to remove the toilet and the flooring under it. We're getting a dipsty dumpster delivered (say that five times fast) in the morning. So, I'll be filling that bad boy with the tile and other goodies that he's removed today. I took out all the towel bars, toilet paper holder and medicine cabinet and I'm really proud of myself! I was pregnant with my first one when we redid the kitchen so I slept on the floor while he did demo! Hee!

What are we doing to the bathroom you ask?? Well, I'm glad you asked! We are gutting that bad boy! The only thing that will remain is the bath tub. It's cast iron and it fits the spot it's in perfectly so it stays. Andrew is putting in new subflooring, tile floors, new drywall on the walls and ceiling, new insulation, new wiring, new toilet, new vanity, new countertop...well, you get the picture. He's doing it all too! Love that man of mine. :D The only thing that we will have someone else do is texture the drywall and the ceiling. I'll paint and assist Andrew (read: fetch tools, drinks and make food).

After this is done, I'm going to start campaigning to get the laundry room redone. I really want to get these done sooner rather than later. I mean, if we're gonna spend the money, I really want to enjoy it before we sell the house next year! Besides, that room is gonna rock when it's done!!

I'll try to figure out how to post pictures on this so you can see the demo in progress! And my cute demo-ee! :D

3 comments:

Martha said...

Yes...you need to figure out how to post photos. I'll help u out...or I'm sure Noel would be glad to help! I love photos!!!

joscelyne cutchens said...

YAY! for your bathroom redo! and double yay for enjoying it before you sell the place! I'd love to help out too if you need it uploading pictures.

noel joy said...

yes... let's see those photos girl!!! :) how's it coming? are you close to finished now?