Sunday, March 2, 2008

March Fresh Pages Kit!!!

The Fresh Pages Co kits for March are up here! I was sent the Bold Spectrum kit. Super yummy!

This first layout is just a random Sunday night dinner at my mom's house. We go there about twice a month. I cut out the flowers from another sheet included in the kit and used them as a border for the strips of photos. I layered the flowers and used pop dots under some of them for additional dimention. I used the Heidi Swapp Today stamp that came with the kit as the title. I stamped it with Stampin' Up! Basic Black and then again with Versamark and then embossed with clear embossing powder mixed with black glitter. I wanted a little shimmer to go with the black Bazzill Bling cardstock.
Then I used some of the leftover cut out flowers as centers for the Primas. The Prima's are layed out to draw your eye from the title through the layout to the journaling. (At least, that was the plan. LOL!)
I'm so happy with the way "Time to Eat" turned out. It's so like a cartoon or a comic strip. It just makes me smile to see it.

This little mini book uses the backing for the Heidi Swapp stamp as my cover. It's empty right now but the plan is to put my CKC-Portland pictures in it. The pretty colors will go so well with the rest of the Prima flowers.


The last thing I made was this card. I used some of the leftover striped paper as the card base and for the strips. I dug a piece of cream cardstock out of my scrap drawer for the stamped image and for the interior.
I love how the texture of the cardstock shows so well in the stamped image. It adds a little graphic edge to it, don't you think?
Just a little shot of the inside of the card. I love how the bottom of the interior peeks out from the bottom of the card.
I'll try to get my CKC-Portland pics up this week. I got some great pics of all the girls. I just want to thank each and every person there for being so great. The whole time I was there I felt better. Thank you! :D

5 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

cute projects!!!! I was so sad all weekend that I couldn't go to CKC with you guys...:(

Lynn said...

Great layouts! Love what you did with the word "TIME"!!!

Lynn
OLW

Deborah Mahnken said...

Love what you did with the kit!!
:)

Shaina said...

love your layouts! They are gorgeous.

Deborah Mahnken said...

Erika - just love your work this month! Great design on your LOs and that card rocks!