Monday, April 7, 2008

Fresh Pages for April!

My last kit for Fresh Pages is called Make it Green! I loved this kit! Green is my favorite color and when I opened it up, all I could do was drool! And, the goodies that come with it! Just check 'em out! Thickers! Mmmmm, I love Thickers, don't you?


I decided that since these kit colors were so "me", I should do layouts about me! The first layout I did is about me and one of my best friends...my cousin, Courtney!

I used my brand spankin' new border punch, Threading Water, on the photo mat. I painted and then clear embossed the chipboard flowers and cut apart the wings and pop-dotted (new word!) them on either side of the word friend.

The journaling (around the green paper) says ...born to be friends...Courtney and I on her birthday...born to be friends.
The next layout I did is all about my love for tulips. (I got my hubby to promise to take Mickey and I to the Wooden Shoe Tulip festival in Woodburn this year. Can't wait!!!) The layout is monochromatic so that the pictures of the tulips would really stand out.
To get my monochromatic (read: celebration of green!) color scheme, I dug out my Adirondack Paint Dabber in Willow. It matches that Basic Grey Lily Kate paper perfectly! I painted just the tops of the Thickers and chipboard so that the edges would provide enough contrast so they wouldn't get lost on the page.

I also painted the individual petals and put two together to make little hearts at the bottom of my journaling box. Journaling reads: "I love tulips, the weirder the better. Like the double blossomed ones and the lily-tipped ones and even the ones with the feathered edges. But, my very favorites are the parrot tulips. I love their unique shape and their gorgeous colors. I planted these tulips at our Pine Street house the fall after Andrew and I got married."

I'll post the mini book and card I made with this kit tomorrow. :D

4 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

gorgeous lo's!!!

Lynn said...

Great stuff! Can't wait to see your mini book! And, yes, let me know about your Sunriver retreat! If the timing works...I am in! =)

Lynn

Kay said...

Great stuff!! I too love tulips. I'll be taking a free photography class at the festival on Saturday. I can't wait! I soooo wanted to do that Karen Russell class but didn't have the time to save up for it. :((

Hope we can get together again soon to scrap!

joscelyne cutchens said...

i love that green too woman! :)