Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Make It Green Card and Mini-Book!

Well, I promised you the last two projects I made with Fresh Pages April kit, Make it Green and so here they are!

This first one is a mini book I made about our dog. He's a Whippet and his name is Devo! :D
I've actually finished the journaling but, I haven't photographed it. I used my white Signo pen (love that pen) and wrote his full name "Iron Sky's Devo" and his birthday. I used white Making Memories rubons to put WHIPPET below that.


This is a picture of Devo meeting Mickey for the first time. Devo is not only Mickey's first dog but he is also my hubby's first dog!


This makes him pretty cool! He knows it, too! Check out that pose! :D


Andrew suggested "A man is a dog's best friend" for this page and so that's what I did. (See! I do sometimes do what Andrew wants!! LOL!!!)


This last project is just a simple card. I love it though. The brads that came with this kit are soooo cool! My mom is all over them! (She's a big card maker, too!) (Hi, mom!!!)


I used my favorite two-tone paint technique on the petals for these. It's so fun and kind of messy! :D



Well, that's it, folks! The last of my design team goodness! Since I'm going to have a little time on my hands now, I'd like to do another tutorial. If there is one you guys want, let me know. I'm open to all suggestions!
Erica
:D

5 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

those are gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Christina Carnoy said...

I just signed up for the evening portion of Karen Russell's class on the 19th! I'm so excited, the kit looks tres fabulous!!!!!

joscelyne cutchens said...

i love these! what a great job girleee! and how awesome those classes sound. WHat kind of bowling conference is your hubby going to? did i tell you my mom is bowling center/theater manager on the marine base here in HI? I haven't bowled in a long time though!

Corina said...

Beautiful!! I'd love to know how you did those petals like that... :D

tigardlilly said...

I just got it. A Whippet named Devo! Hahahaha (I'm a bit slow) I actually read your post several days ago, then I just glaced at it in Reader and as soon as I saw the DEVO title, "Whip it" started in my head, then wait, what kind of dog is that?!? Hahahahaha It was "REAL GOOD"