Monday, January 19, 2009

LEARN

Well, I finally picked a word for the year. I was thinking about going with Nurture as, like one little word guru, Ali Edwards, I have a little girl due this year. But, I like the flexiblity of Learn better. :D

So, here are the things I'd like to Learn in 2009

~how to be a mom of two
~how to be a mom of a girl
~more and more and more about my camera and photography
~how to crochet
~how to balance home and hobbies

So far, I'm doing pretty good! This Sunday, I shot Andrew's aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party and I rented a flash for it on Friday. Then, I spent all day Saturday and Sunday morning on the web, learning all I could on how to use it and make it look more natural and less flashy. I also picked up a grey card and learned how to set a custom white balance. Go me!!!

And, today, Mickey and I went to Granny's and I had my first crochet lesson! I'm making a pot holder. It looks really wonky in places and Granny keeps telling me to start over but I want to keep it to show my progress. (Besides, I'll worry less about messing up this way! LOL!)

Do you have a word for this year???

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Great word! Mine is balance...mostly for the reason you wrote...learn to balance my home and hobbies!