Monday, July 27, 2009

Childhood Experience #387 That My Husband Missed Out On

As child number six out of six, Andrew kind of got the short end of the stick on childhood experiences. They either did once in a lifetime things when he was too young to remember or the older kids just didn't want to do the every once in a while things again.

So, he missed out on all the holiday cartoons, trips to Enchanted Forest and stuff like that. I, however, not only got to do all that stuff the first time around but have done so all my life. I played with Lego's and watched Scooby Doo in college. No shame, here. I am a kid at heart!

This weekend while we were getting ready for a huge family party, I suggested s'mores. We've got a fire pit in the backyard and the kids would love it. He vetoed the idea but a day later, changed his mind. While making a list for the store he said "So, what do we need for the s'mores. Graham crackers, marshmellows...and what kind of syrup do I buy?"

Oh, my stinkin' heck!!!! He seriously had never had them before and thought that syrup was used on them!!

It's reasons like this that he should thank his lucky stars he married me. :D

2 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

he sure is lucky he married you! :)

Lynn said...

WOW! S'mores are my favorite...just had some camping this weekend! Have you tried Banana Boats? Another camping favorite!