Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our Crayon Stars


Little Man with the finished product. :D

I'd made my own crayons when I was a kid but I did the layered kind in a self made, tin foil mold. Not the best shape. LOL! I saw some really cool ones here and figured they'd be a great craft to do with little man.

Since he's only three, a lot of the crafts we do involve a lot of effort on my part and this one was no exception. I took the paper off the crayons and he broke them into pieces.

I then broke them into smaller pieces and he put some crayons into one of the stars in the muffin tin. (I forgot to get a pic of the crayons in the tin. Whoops!)


Here they are starting to melt in the oven.
And, they are almost ready. Here's the liquified crayon fresh out of the oven.
The instructions I found said to take them out of the oven to cool or put them in the freezer. As it never got above freezing outside, I just put them on the front walk. :)

It only took a few minutes and they were ready to go.

Random close up of the cooled crayon.
Our finished product! We're going to send them to my nieces and nephews in Colorado for Christmas. I hope they like them! :D

2 comments:

Kay said...

I LOVE this idea! I have been looking for something fun to do with Simon and he is GREAT at breaking crayons! lol

I'm thinking we will bag them up for friend with a tag that says, "You color my world." I know, cheesy huh?

Kay said...

Okay I have looked all over town and can not find a pad like that. Can you share where you got yours please?