Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday

I lost a pound! Whoo-hoo! :D

I was actually just hoping to not gain this week as I had TWO Thanksgiving dinners. I'm so excited that I lost this week, it's not even funny!

I've been trying to do more sit ups/etc this last week and I ate salads for lunch everyday so even though I only walked twice I still did okay. Phew!

I really like salads I just don't tend to eat them because they take a bit more effort. I have salad with green leaf lettuce or romaine, carrots, tomatoes, cottage cheese, raisins and Catalina dressing. It was a lot easier when I could just buy the bagged salad, however, convenience foods are no longer in the budget. But, I've started making my own bagged salad and that's made all the difference. I wash and shred all my lettuce, chop up my carrots and toss them in a gallon sized zip lock. (It also takes up less room in my fridge!) I keep a container of pre-chopped tomatoes handy and making my salad is a snap!

Sidebar~I LOVE cottage cheese. I know it's supposed to be that most hated of diet foods but I love it! I've loved it ever since I was a baby. It's so good on salads, with fruit, with crackers, heck, I even eat it straight out of the container!

I watched the Biggest Loser last night and they ran a marathon! Can you believe it? Freakin' amazing. So, I'm going to try to run a mile this week. I've got craptacular knees so we'll see how that goes. Heh.

How was your week? Anyone have any weight loss tips that have worked for them?

1 comment:

joscelyne cutchens said...

uh, don't be a pig? hee hee. I'm still working on that one, but not very successfully. Congrats on losing a pound, you're awesome! ps. cottage cheese? ew.