Saturday, February 13, 2010

CKC-Portland, the Friday Edition

I had such a good time at CKC-Portland this year! Here's my rundown of day one!

I had my dad come over and watch Mickey and I took Audrey with me. The plan was to just shop the whole day. Since I'd registered for enough classes on Saturday, I got a free entry pass for the vendor faire both days and free early entry on Friday. So, Aud and I headed down first thing and then my friend Mandy was supposed to meet up with us later. Well, she called about an hour after I'd been there and said she couldn't go. Pretty bummed about that as the vendor faire is always more fun with a friend.

Aud and I power shopped all morning. She was pretty good until it hit her normal nap time. Then she would cry unless I held her. I finally gave her a snack in her stroller and she totally sacked out.


Apparently, even though it's not as fun, I shop better alone as I'd pretty much made the rounds of the vendor faire by noon. I was thinking about leaving when I got a call from my friend, Lynn. She and some of her friends were eating lunch on the stairs and so Aud and I joined them. I don't know what I was thinking but I didn't get any pics of that! I think I was just too frazzled from Audrey being upset. She's a really mellow baby so I don't have a lot of experience with her when she's fussy.

Audrey woke up right before the girls had to leave for their class and then she and I hung out on the stairs a while longer. She was pretty interested in the stairs as we live in a one level house and don't have any for her to play on. She took to them like a duck to water!


I finally decided to call it a day around 1:30. On the way home I stopped at A Joy Forever as I hadn't been able to find a brown journaling pen at the vendor faire and the CKC brochure had a 20% off coupon. I found some MME Halloween paper that I'd been looking for a few more sheets of paper and then when I finally got up to the counter, I forgot to get a pen! Long day, I guess! LOL!

2 comments:

Luv2talk said...

Hey, "Erica, Mouth of America!" It's Luv2Talk! Sounds like you had a good time at CKC. I didn't go this year, but thought about the time we went together and had such a great time, (and Seattle too!) when I got my card in the mail.

Enjoy those little ones and keep on scrappin!

Becky said...

Hey there! I missed you at CKC. I was there all three days! It would have been great to see ya. I saw your LO on Club CK. It was chosen as one of the editors pick this week. It's great!