Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Greeting Farm at A Walk Down Memory Lane

Our other featured manufacturer this month is the stamp company The Greeting Farm. I picked up the Surprise Susie set because with Miss Thing's birthday this month, I figured it would come in handy. I'm still working on a project using the stamps relating to her birthday (including thank you, oops!!!) but I thought I'd share the cards that I have made now. :)

I think this little gal standing on the cupcake is my favorite. I cut the card shape wrong and I love it, the rose cardstock behind the patterned paper was too deep but then I colored it with the Copic clear Spica glitter pen and I love it, and I accidentally colored outside the lines on the little girl but then I cut her out and pop-dotted her on the cupcake and, you guessed it, I love it! The fact that she's a strawberry blond like Miss Thing has nothing to do with how much I love it. ;)

I found this ribbon in my stash and loved how it matched her balloons, her outfit and her hair. I know some people are smart and find some ribbon and color to match it but I'm not that quick. LOL! You can barely see it in this picture (it's much darker in real life) but I stamped on the background cardstock with the star that comes with the set in clear embossing ink. This card was fun. I did have a bit of a hard time making the cupcakes stack straight, though. All the frosting is Picket Fence Distress Stickles. I also outlined the edge of the patterned paper in my favorite gel glitter pen. This card is super shiny in the light!

The card above and the three below are a set I made. I think I'm going to give them to my granny for her birthday. She loves sending cards so she loves it when Mom and I make cards for her to give away. :)

I used the Romani line from Basic Grey on all of the cards. I did a different glitter treatment on all the frosting.



Remember, as on of April's featured manufacturers over at AWDML, all The Greeting Farm stamps are 25% off! (We R Memory Keepers is still 25% off, too!)
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Cute cards Erica. :)