Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Project Life-Week 6!

Whew! What a week!
Mickey made me a trial run of a Valentine, Audrey got her first ear infection, and then of course, preschool.

This top piece was a sticker matching sheet that Mickey did all on his own. He and I also played a rousing game of Go Fish and Aud pretended to play along. She also got her very own Princess underwear this week!

Then, there was the big skunk debacle! We were all hanging out in the master bedroom, Andrew and Mickey were playing a game and Aud was still a sickie and resting on Andrew. I let Lilly out one last time before we put her up for the night and after a bit she came racing back into the house...along with an atrocious skunk smell! She ran once around the room and then into her crate before we were able to kick her out. A friend (thanks, Nicole!) hooked me up with a great skunk removal recipe(1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and a tablespoon of dish soap). I mixed it up and Andrew cleaned the dog. Then I tried to get the smell out of the room. I wasn't able to that night and so we slept in the living room. Carpet powder, air freshener, candles and dryer sheets helped but it wasn't until I tried bowls of apple cider vinegar that the smell dissipated enough for us to comfortably enter our bedroom again.


In other household events, I cooked up some beef (more on that in a bit) and made my third batch of laundry soap. I use the Duggar family recipe and love how cheap it is! It also works well for HE machines because it's low sudsing.



And, the beef! I bought 40 pounds of ground beef and picked it up on Friday. It's 93/7 lean for waaaaay cheaper than I can get at my local store. I make meatloaf with some of it and brown up the rest and then freeze it. It's a lot of work but it makes the next few months of dinners much easier. Mickey had someone from a dentist office come to his preschool and speak. When I picked him up I asked him about it and he said that she told them about things that are good and bad for his teeth. I asked him, "Oh, what's good for your teeth?". His response, "It's a long story.".

In other preschool news, the new donkey needed naming. We chose the name Patches and put it in the box with all the other names and then voted on it later in the week. I registered for the 5K Shamrock Run and Andrew mowed the lawn for the first time this year.

All in all, it was a super busy week and Week 7 was just as packed! I'm hoping to have it ready to post tomorrow because...I've got a Punky Sprouts project scheduled to post on Friday! Yay!!!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Awesome! Love the inserts. Doesn't it feel great to get our pictures into a book, finally?!