Friday, August 24, 2012

New Layouts!

Not only did I have a ton of fun at my crop in Seattle, I was pretty darn productive, too!  I made four (four!!!) layouts and some cards. 
 
This was the first layout I made and I just love how it turned out.  I used some of my favorite Crate Paper lines along with some of my favorite haven't-used-yet embellies. 
 
This layout was inspired by this pin.  I just loved the strip of blocks!  I also made a card using this technique.
 
With this layout I just really wanted to use a bunch of washi tape.  I didn't use any patterned paper on this layout, just two blocks of washi tape strips.  I love how the washi turned out and I'll use it again but I do with that I had my bouquet pic in B&W with me to scrap.

 Finally, I created this layout for the crop contest.  You had to create a layout following Bossy Scrapper's rules.  Bossy wanted us to use fabric, washi taper, a button, a banner, ink, the #1, an arrow, a border punch, more than one photo and stitching.  I've always loved these pics and just loved how this layout turned out.  Thanks, Bossy!!!  (If you'd like Bossy to tell you what to do, like her on Facebook here, and be sure and tell her Erica sent you!)

 
I think the secret to my success in getting these layouts done was giving myself lots of guidelines.  I chose my photos first.  I knew I needed some more layouts for the fair so I chose pics that would fit those categories, hence the wedding pics!  LOL!  I then packed some of my favorite kits from the Nook that I wanted to use with those pics.  Having those decisions made ahead of time, really helped me get started scrapping right away!
 
 Oooh!  Something else I just noticed.  I used Punky Sprouts goodies on each and every layout.  Man, I love that stuff!  Next week, I'll have my most recent Punky album up.  I really love how it turned out so be sure to come back and check it out

No comments: