Friday, November 7, 2008

Wait...I scrapbooked?!?!?!?

Why, yes. Yes, I did!!!

Ahhh, a messy scrap area is such a lovely sight! I pulled out my Christmas stuff to make a Daily December Album ala Ali Edwards.


Here's my selection of papers after they have been cut to size. I ended up going with a 5" x 7 1/2" size.

Here's the ready to be completed book!
I've only decorated the front cover inside and out. The rest will get done as I add the pictures and journaling.
I know Ali's idea is to have that all done beforehand. But, the stress of having to work around something that I'd already adhered down is worse for me than having to add the numbers and embellies as I go. And Ali's really just all about getting it done with less stress.

I love this velvet flocked paper from Making Memories!

The backs of the die cut and specialty papers will either end up being covered with photos/embellies or painted. Or a little of both. :)

The page on the right is actually clear. I just haven't taken the protective cover off it yet.

This red, cream and blue paper on the left is the back of that great red and cream paper above. I'll either cover it completely with photos or paint it. I'm looking forward to messing around with those baseball card dived page protector that I cut down to size.
That embossed page on the right is actually cream. I love it!


I did include one kraft colored envelope and I'll add more as I go if they're needed.







Another clear page with the protective sheets still on. :)
My other favorite paper is that Making Memories St. Nick Heritage Collage. (I know the name of it because I've been desperately googling it trying to find more online. Sigh, 'tis not to be.)





Are you doing a journal like this for Christmas? :D

11 comments:

Kay said...

Oh!! I likey!! I'm planning on doing one like that. I'm trying to find a way right now to replace my lens or camera. The thought of going through the holidays without one is making me physically sick.

Christina Carnoy said...

very cute!!! I love it and I love the papers you chose!

MeganKP said...

WOW i LOVE it, it soo adorable! i will be posting pictures of mine this week.
but i totally fell in love with yours right now. Can't wait to see that it will look like with pictures and everything once december rolls arround! great job!

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous!! I love all the papers you chose. Can't wait to see it all filled up!!

Christie said...

This looks awesome! Great job!

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty. Now you are all ready for the holidays. Very jealous here....

Jingle said...

This looks great, so far! You chose wonderful papers!

Emily said...

Just beautiful! I love the papers you chose and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the finished pages.

Teri said...

What a wonderful album. Great job, I love the baseball card protectors, might have to steal that idea.

Lynn said...

I am doing one...I just have to get going on it now that my bazaars are done! =) I chose a lot of the same papers as you...I even bought the baseball card protectors to cut down too!

Samantha said...

LOVE it!!! You did such a great job on your album. I should do one like yours :) Thanks for the inspiration!!