Monday, November 2, 2009

I Got My Halloween Scrap On!

Well, my craft on at least. ;) The night before Halloween I plopped myself down in our master and plopped the kids in the living room with Daddy.

And, here's what I created. :)

First up, a sign for the trick-or-treaters (we did have some!) so that they wouldn't miss the basket of Play-doh by the front door. The paper is Pink Paislee, the black glitter letter stickers are American Crafts and the other black glitter stickers are Making Memories. I cut out a smaller piece of chipboard to adhere to the back to make the piece a little sturdier. I also adhered the ribbon to that piece. Oh, and you can't really see but their is a line drawn from the letter E in ONE to the spider. :)



The other project I did was actually finishing up one I'd started AGES ago! I'd already painted the letters black and cut out and rounded the corners of the patterned paper but hadn't done anything else. So, I dug out my Shimmerz mist and went to town. I sprayed the base of the door hanger with Concrete Shimmerz and the letters with that, too. Once they dried, I inked the edges of the chipboard (actually an accordian mini book from Maya Road) and the edges of the paper (from Scenic Route). I then glued the letters to the paper and mounted the paper on the chipboard with foam adhesive. I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch two holes at the top and tied the ribbon through them.
For final touch, I added some Mrs. Grossman's green gems to the letters.

So, there they are. My Halloween scrappiness! Hope you like them! :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute!! Love your spooky sign. And, just saw your little cuties all dressed up. Aww, they're sweet.

Lizzi Beduya said...

love your projects! Great job!