Monday, June 28, 2010

Scoooooooooooooooooore!!!

Okay, so the US is out of the World Cup running but I still couldn't resist. I went to my LSS's garage sale this weekend. Kind of a spur of the moment, hemming & hawing, last minute decision but I'm soooooooooo glad I did.

I got some really good deals. About 10 sheets of October Afternoon paper for a buck, a shape cutter for a buck, a circle cutter that I'd been curious about for $5 and.........I got a Silhouette for $50!!!! Oh, my stinkin' heck!
I've been wanting one of these for so long. But, it was just too expensive (like $400 MSRP but you could get it for less), we didn't have the room and Andrew really didn't want any craft stuff set up near the computer and the Silhouette requires one. Well, now I have a craft room and I got my laptop fixed so I can use it in said craft room and....it was only $50!!!
I haven't set it up yet but I am jonesing to! I'm making myself wait until I get my DT stuff done and then, look out! I'll be hooking up cables, watching videos on YouTube and pestering my Silhouette owning friends for all kinds of advice {cough} Joscie {cough}. Then, I'll share all my goodies that I make with it, with you! :D

In the meantime, here are some cards I made with the second A Walk Down Memory Lane featured manufacturer for June, CC Designs. (Remember, 25% off for the rest of this month!)
I used the same stamp set for all four cards, Pumpkin Emma. I wanted to show how you can use a stamp that may seem very themey for other occasions. For instance, here's Miss Emma used as is. It's a very autumnal theme, isn't it? (I so love that pearl button on her shoe!)

Well, the easiest way to alter her is to just cover up that pumpkin!

Here she is with some lovely spring flowers....

and here she is with a scrumptious, summery strawberry!

Now I also did a card using a more involved technique.

I removed the entire wagon from the image! You can see the step by step for this here on the DT Blog. This is soooooo my new favorite card. I love the red and teal and aqua! I used my circle punches to create a little home for the sentiment and used the colors to mimic the circles on the patterned paper.

Thanks for stopping by! If you don't see me for a while it's because I've married my Silhouette and we're off on a craft honeymoon!

Erica

:D

4 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

yay yay yay for your silhouette! What an amazing deal! I so LOVE my silhouette, it is so awesome!
Chrispea offers free shapes on her blog from time to time and I have posted a free cd envelope shape as well on my blog. ps. super cute cards~ :)

LollyChops said...

Holey cow you got a KILLER deal on that Silhouette! I would be off on a craft honeymoon with it as well!

LUCKY girl... and 50 OA papers for a BUCK!?!?! My LSS never has sales like that! Sheesh louise.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

very clever way of altering an otherwise "themed" stamp. I love CC Designs - I ordered some a little while ago and can't wait to have a play :)

LG said...

adorable cards Erica!