Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Some October Afternoon Fun!

To say that I was looking forward to this month is an understatement. I adore October Afternoon and I'm thrilled to work with their product. :D

Here's a few layouts I made. Oh, and keep your eyes peeled for the Farm Fresh Journaling cards. I used one on every project I made, and I used up a whole sheet of them! Go, me! :D

First up, Farmer Boy. Little Man and my dad love working together in the garden and I love taking their pics. :) I dug out an older sheet of Christmas OA for the green polka dot. I also used three of the journaling cards on this. The back of one as a background for my embellishment, one for my journaling (shocker! LOL!) and one for my title.

I've been trying to add more layering, ala Christine's doily tutorials, but it's baby steps. LOL!Next up is Little Man. This is more of a personality page for Mickey. It's a little about him at 3 1/2 and a pretty darn good pic, if I do say so myself. LOL!

Here's the journaling card. I used the back of it as a main layer for my little embellishment cluster. And, lastly, Bookworms. This layout is the one I used for a sketch for our newsletter. You can sign up for it here. I used the journaling card to accent the photo as a partial photo mat.

These little button clusters are little bookworms and I used the postage stamp border punch to make it look like they chewed their way across the green patterned paper. :)

And, here's the sketch for this layout.
If you make something using this sketch, I'd love to see it! You can post it in our gallery or just leave a link to it here. :D
Oh, and in case you hadn't guessed...October Afternoon is one of the Featured Manufacturers at A Walk Down Memory Lane this month. For the month of June you can get all sorts of OA goodies for 25% off!
Thanks for stopping by! I've got a couple cards and a mini book coming up soon. :D

1 comment:

LollyChops said...

Love your LOs and your layering (:D)!