Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dixie Pieces August Kit!!!

I had such a good time with Dixie Pieces' Simple Life kit! It was an amazing mix of products, I don't know how Sherri does it! Here's the kit itself. Love the warm, bright colors!!!
I saw this little phrase on Simple Stories Photo Mat paper and knew exactly what I was going to do with it. I used the included Jillibean stamp to create my journaling block which is simply a list of our favorite events at Doernbecher's.

Journaling reads...5-Getting positive EEG results, 4-Hearing you say ma-ma, 3-Watching you write the letter "A", 2-Seeing all the wires & tubes come out, 1-Bringing you home safe and sound!


Next up, a layout about Miss Thing. I loved that pink piece from the Photo Mat the instant I saw it and knew it would be great for a layout about her with lots of journaling. I also had a lot of fun with the washi tape included in this kit. If you subscribe to the Dixie Pieces newsletter, you'll find a tutorial on how I made the little rose by the title using the tape.


Journaling reads~Audrey, You love it when I do your hair and you are always asking me for "piggies" or a "pony". I sit you on the bathroom counter and dig out a brush, comb, rubber bands and hair clips and then we spend five to ten minutes playing with your hair until it's "pretty". When we first started doing your hair, you were really good about leaving it alone and your cute little hairstyles would last until nap time. lately, you've started playing with your hair and I'm lucky if it stays "pretty" for the same amount of time that it took to do your hair. I took these pictures just to prove that we did try to do your hair. It took you less than three minutes to take this style apart. It's okay though, we have fun together and that's all that really matter. Love, Mom

My last layout uses that papers from Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye and Fancy Pants. I love how they look together. :)

Journaling reads~It was so nice to be able to take you two to DQ. The last trip we planned was the evening of Mickey's accident. So these Dilly Bars were extra sweet!

I also made this fun card for my uncle's birthday. (He loved it!)

And, I altered this frame that I'd picked up a few weeks ago at a garage sale for a buck. I just added spray paint and the kit and now it's sitting proudly in our living room! :)

There are a few extras available this month, too! There's a Fancy Pants brag book and a Simple Life paper add-on as well as the Simple Life kit itself.

No comments: