Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our Halloween!




This year, Little Man was Lightning McQueen (Kachow!!) and Audrey was a flower. She did try to talk me into Spiderman but it was after I'd gotten a lot of the stuff for the flower costume so...next year, Miss Thing.


I'd seen the Lightning McQueen cardboard box costume on Pinterest (so so addicting!) and found his outfit for $11 at K-mart so it was fairly cheap to make. His straps were leftover fabric from his party and the paper plates were from Dollar Tree. The most expensive thing was the two and a half cans of red spray paint. (Word of advice...primer!!!)


Aud's costume was fairly simple, too. For her skirt of petals, I just cut apart fairy wings from Dollar Tree and folded each set in half over a piece of elastic that I'd dyed lavender and then stitched the ends together to create a sort of belt of flowers that she just steps into. I only dyed the belt because I had to dye her tights green. I just could not find any green tights or leggings anywhere. I picked up the shirt at K-mart (she needed more shirts anyway) and the boots at a consignment shop for like $5! Her headband was left over from the two I bought at Dollar Tree for her birthday and the tulle was also left over from her birthday.


Since Halloween was on a Monday this year, we hit the family on Sunday afternoon. We saw Papa Maow, Auntie Kathy and Uncle John, the Gran, Uncle Toad and Auntie Theresa and then Bah-Bon.

I was really glad we'd done that because Monday just wasn't a good day for me. I'd had a horrible night's sleep and just didn't have any energy until about four. When Andrew got home (bringing with him a take-n-bake pizza, bless his heart!) we dolled up the kids and went to see the neighbors. I love our neighbors!!! Then, it was back home to eat pizza and warm up. :) After that, the kids and I headed into town to trick-or-treat my step-brother's neighborhood and then we stopped by my Mom's again so Grandpa Larry could see the kiddos. Aud fell asleep so we joked that he saw a wilted flower.

All in all, the kids had a great Halloween!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Your kids are so cute! Adorable costumes.

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Fab costumes and amazing photos Erica!

liana suwandi said...

what a cute costume and models :)

Shemaine Smith said...

Oh my goodness could they be any cuter?