Friday, March 8, 2013

Family Heirlooms

I had so much fun working with Carta Bella this month. I made a mini album documenting all the family heirlooms that we live with in our home. And, do we have a lot!  Here's the cover for my mini.  I used the fabulous Traditions line from Carta Bella to decorate my Punk-a-licious album.
 I made an intro page and then misted the first wet media page with some Lindy's spray and a chicken wire mask. These chairs that now live in my kids' bedrooms used to be used in the drying and sorting barn on my grandfather's teasel farm. 
 I played with another mist and a vintage doily mask from Kaisercraft. I used the acrylic page to document some really cool books that I read when I was in the 5th grade. It's an Encyclopedia of sorts for kids called The Book of Knowledge. I read all of them and loved them! 
 On the back is the lawyers case that I was given by my grandparents because I was one of the few family members who had read those books.  LOL! Throughout the book I used these tags I cut out. I threaded them all with Denim Lil' Twiney. Next are some half sized pages.  The photo of the heirloom is on the front and the information about it is on the back. There's a bench from my mom's grade school, a mirror from my grandfather's dresser, a bottle crate from my grandparents grocery store and some milk glass from my grandmother. 
 The next acrylic page has the story of my great-grandmother's laundry basket. I used the lacy looking paper for this because she was a great seamstress and it felt appropriate. :) 
 I have a teasel basket, again from my grandfather's family farm, by my front door that's just perfect for holding shoes, helmets and other outdoor gear. The next wet media page has more mist with the doily mask and the story of my great-grandmother's irons. It's crazy to think that I use for decoration what she used everyday for it's intended purpose! 
 These last two pages have some room left for a few more items I need to document.  I have a few pieces of furniture made by my great-grandfather in my room that's just waiting to be tidied up so I can get a clean shot.  LOL! 
The Traditions line from Carta Bella was just perfect for this album. The colors and patterns work beautifully with the theme of family heirlooms. And here are some close ups of the pages. 
 




 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Supplies Used:
Punky Sprouts: Punk-a-licious, Funky Punky Fiber Pack-Denim, Funky Punky Fiber Pack-Canvas, Lil' Petals-Denim, Lil' Petals-Canvas, Lil Parchment Blossoms
Carta Bella: Traditions Collection Kit
Lindy's Stamp Gang: Rudolph' Nose Red, California Poppy Gold, Gator Gumbo Olive, Breakfast Club Blue
Other:  Ink-Ranger

No comments: