Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The New Normal

Getting settled in around here. Getting used to new routines. Getting organized...or at least trying to!

My new at-work schedule is Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings in the office.  My dad comes out to watch the kids for me.

My new at-home schedule should be working all day Tuesday and Thursday and Monday, Wednesday, Friday afternoons. Then I have the evenings and weekends free to keep house and spend time with my family.

My current at-home schedule is more like work M/W/F afternoon and evenings while interspersing kids, house and hubby. Tuesday, Thursday and the weekends I work as much as I can to get up to my 40 hours. It's a bit of a balancing act. This last week was pretty busy with trips to IKEA, school carnivals and such and so I had quite a bit of working to do on the weekend. The previous week, I got my 40 hours in during the week. 

I have a nice little desk set up in my craft room for my work stuff. It's where I spend most of my time at home lately so I bought myself a new cute chair from IKEA. Once I get it all tidied up, I'll get some pics up here. My craft room has changed so much it's about time I shared it. In the mean time here's the chair I got at IKEA. It's so cute!



I do try to work a bit out of the office. I get packets at work of things I need to use to make projects and I take those in the living room with me to sketch out ideas while hanging out with Andrew.  I also made cards last night in the living room while Andrew and I watched a three hour Bachelor episode. I had to set up my own little workspace on a cork board out there. It's a little crazy but it works.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get exercising back into my schedule!

No comments: