Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm a Quitter...

and it feels so good! After six months of working out of and in the home, I decided to quit my job and go back to my original career of full-time stay at home mom and I've never been happier! 

When I first applied for the job at Hot Off the Press, I thought it was my chance at my dream job. But, as the weeks and months went by, I realized being with my kids is truly my dream job. I love being able to be there for them, helping out at their school and being able to just take off with them on a mini adventure when the mood strikes. 

My dentist recently told me that of all the many moms he sees in his practice, he's never seen one who enjoys her kids more than I do. That comment really touched me. It's true, I enjoy my kids. I enjoy being with them and being their friend and most importantly, being their parent. 

It's the most important job I'll ever have.

(I'll be back later with some fun scrappy stuff but right now I'm going to go play store with Little Man. He's making me a debit card with unlimited money on it!)

1 comment:

She Who Waits... said...

I've had to go back to work about 5 years ago and I've missed my true dream job all that time. Even though my kids are a bit older and I did get to be at home with them for quite a few years I still feel like I am missing out on so much. I obviously have to work right now but being a SAHM was my dream job too ... I know you will cherish every minute of it!