Monday, September 2, 2013

Birthday Card for Him

Since Andrew had a birthday last month, I had to get cracking and make him a masculine birthday card. I just bought a ton (don't tell him) of scrappy goodies at places like Tuesday Morning, TJ Maxx and Marshall's. I'd seen on 2Peas that they had lots (and lots) of paper pads for six bucks! They also had some fun embellies, Thickers and 6x6 pads for cheap! So, I figured I'd better bust out my new purchases to make my mister a birthday card.


I used the Darling Dear 6x6 pad, Amy Tan Daily Moss Thickers, and Amy Tan fabric stickers from my little shopping spree on this card. I also used some enamel dots from My Mind's Eye and a little doodad from Cosmo Cricket, I think. :)


The little birthday is a stamp from Pink Paislee that I've had for ages and it's in a very large set so I never really use it. But, with my new stamp organization (see the video from Mercy Tiara here) it's really easy to find the sentiments and designs I need.


And this cute little crown from the cut apart page in the 6x6 pad was perfect except for one thing. It said "Dream Big" in a reddish font that really didn't work. So I covered it with a fabric sticker and added an enamel dot.


Perfect for my non-mushy but super amazing guy.

Happy Birthday, my love!

No comments: