Monday, September 30, 2013

She Can Sleep Anywhere!

This is the second and slightly more successful attempt at using up those Yes, Please scraps. Last layout I only used pieces from two sheets and this layout uses up paper from six sheets and the background is an additional sheet. Woot!

I knew I had a bunch of these greenish pieces to use so I looked for pictures that needed something calming. These shots of Audrey, sacked out on a pile of gravel were just the thing!


I used three pieces of Bossy Joscie flair accented with some Basic Grey candy buttons to help draw your eye around the layout as all the elements are clustered in the middle of the page.


The "I {heart} THIS" actually had a little red heart there. But, it was the only piece of red on the page and it was too small to be a focal point of the layout and too distracting otherwise. So, I cut an asterisk from the Thicker set I used to create the little heart. It covered up that red just perfectly! 


I ran the title across the top of the photos because I liked how they sit up there at two crazy angles just like my Audrey sleeps wherever she ends up.


The letters I used to spell sleep are actually solid teal but I added the dots because they kind of faded into the gravel in the background and there are two other pieces of teal paper that have little white dots on them so it works really well.


I really like how this layout turned out. It's calming but still a little all over the place, if you know what I mean.

The really funny thing is (as if her sleeping on a bed of gravel isn't funny enough) is that this happened during a family function with tons of kids running around playing. She got tired, made a pillow of gravel and went to sleep in the sun. Andrew actually moved the toy kitchen to shade her.

She can truly sleep anywhere!

No comments: