Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stampendous!!!

Hey all!

It's time for the second Featured Manufacturer reveal at A Walk Down Memory Lane. Our second FM is ... Stampendous!

The Stampendous stamp I ordered is called Agapanthus Cling.



I love it! I knew I had to use it for more than just cards. So, I decided a little fall decor was in order. (Hey, it is the middle of September!) :D


First up, a candle holder!



Now, this turned out to be much easier than I thought. I just grabbed my trusty Stazon ink pad and stamped one image on each side. A few tips....first, make sure your candle holder is on a no slip surface. Makes it much easier than trying to brace it on your craft desk with your knee. (Yeah.) Second, it takes a while to dry. Especially the bold flowers. I did two connecting sides, waited a while and then did the other two.

Since it worked so well on the holder, I decided to try my luck with just a candle.
While it looks pretty simple, this actually took more work than the candle holder! First, I wiped down the candle with a baby wipe as it had kind of an oily feel to it. Then, I tried to stamp it the same way I did the holder but with the rounded surface that totally didn't work. Rocking it back and forth didn't work either as it wouldn't line up. So, after wiping off the first two attempts, I started at one edge of the stamp and then rocked the stamp around the candle. Success!!!

Lastly, I decided to step away from the brown ink and get started on a Christmas present.


It's a mini book for my folks! I stamped the flower on kraft cardstock with navy ink and then used my Nestabilities to cut and emboss it. I added a few letter stickers for the title and used one of my favorite border punches to create the faux ruffles.


I'm working on a card using this stamp but you'll have to wait a bit to see it. :) I hope you enjoyed my creations and if you need some Stampendous product, check out the store as it's 25% off for the rest of the month! :D

4 comments:

Staci Taylor said...

oh wow, i love all the different ways you used the stamp - gorgeous! and happy belated birthday to your hubby ;-)

Staci Taylor said...

oh wow, i love all the different ways you used the stamp - gorgeous! and happy belated birthday to your hubby ;-)

Stampendous said...

Love the candle idea!!

Unknown said...

Great ideas! Love the candle holder ;D