Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Graphic 45 at AWDML & My First My Sketch World Reveal!

Now, I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous when I found out that Graphic 45 was going to be one of our Featured Manufacturers for September. I don't know if you all have noticed but I'm not exactly the most collagy/ornate/vintagey scrapper around and it always has seemed to me that Graphic 45 screams those things.

It turns out, Graphic 45 is a heck of a lot easier to work with than I'd thought. Here's what I made with it.

For my first layout, Depot Bay, I decided to just roll with the vintage feel. I cut out the frame from one sheet of paper and distressed it with my distressing tool and some ink and then mounted it with pop dots. I tried to use a few repeating embellisments in three different places on the layout. First up, three pearls of staggering sizes to mimic the Maya Road pin I used.

I also used those cool, cork buttons from Pink Paislee...

and the cool journaling tags from Pink Paislee. I loved the pop that the orange provided and how it helps guide your eye through the layout.

I seriously love this ribbon from Webster's Pages and feel like it really goes well with the vibe of Graphic 45. Oh, and it's a pun. I can't shake my love for cards with puns. :)

Finally, I also wanted to make a page that was definitely my style using Graphic 45.

Here's a little close-up of the details. A little tip for you, if your element that you want to stretch across the page isn't quite 12" across, cut it up and hide the gap under something else on your page. You can also do this when you want to save as much of a product as you can. Like that scrumptious Webster's Pages ribbon! Mmmmmm! LOL!
Remeber, Graphic 45 and our other Featured Manufacturer, Stampendous are both 25% off for the month of September! Check out Stampendous's cool storage!

This next layout, I am so excited to share with you. It's the full reveal of my very first layout with My Sketch World. Squeal!!!
I'm on Team A, which has it's reveals on the first of every month. Team B has it's reveal on the 15th and the Inspiration Team will reveal on the 10th & 20th.
On to the sketch!
Here's Lucy's sketch. Isn't it cool? :)


And here's my layout! I flipped it around so that the big pic of Aud would be facing the center of the layout and I staggered the little pics a bit but for the most part I stuck to the sketch. I used mainly Pink Paislee for this layout and I sanded the edges of my photos so they had a tiny bit of white on the edges and outlined a lot of my elements with my white Uniball pen to coordinate. (LOVE that pen!! I've used two up completely and am on my 3rd right now!!)
You can see the rest of the reveals here at the My Sketch World blog!
Thank for stopping by!
Erica
:D
(Huh. I just realized that I've been on a bit of a journaling strip kick lately. Everything on this post, including the card, uses them. LOL! What do you find yourself using a lot of lately???)

4 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

Hi Erica!

Your projects are all really gorgeous! You did awesome trying a new style. Good job! Lately I have been using a lot of Tim Holtz Tissue Tapes and also the very same Webster's Pages Ribbon! I stuffed my luggage (+ 1 extra box)with as much of my studio stuff as I could this time when I came back to France so I should be set for awhile. It makes such an enormous difference to my happiness here! Home is where the scrapbook studio is, I guess!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thank you for commenting on the OA blog today!!!! I appreciate your kind words!
You have a very lovely blog!
Lindsey

Stacy said...

Erica you are totally rocking your creations! LOVE THEM!!

Sandy Ang said...

Wow, great layouts - will have to try some Graphic45 too. I find myself using a lot of label stickers recently.