Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dixie Pieces April Kit---Sew Silhouette!





Oh guys, this kit is so pretty! I have a feeling that this one is going to sell out just as fast as February's so if you want it...hop on it! :)

Two alphas, some really cool vintage and vintage style goodies (I adore the post cards), and a ton of Jenni Bowlin faboulessness make up this month's kit and I had a blast playing with it.

Since I was getting ready for our Spring Break house guests, I had to bust out my DT stuff super quickly and I was a little worried about it. I shouldn't have. I got it, two days later I got some free time and I quickly found a bunch of pictures that would work and made three layouts and two cards.


And, I LOVE what I made. Especially this first layout. It just cracks me up every time I look at it. It's a layout about the outtakes from our Christmas card photo shoot from 2010. Man, that kid is a nut!!!




This next one is another Mickey layout, well Mickey and me layout. :) It's a layout about some of our similarities. Love that kid! (Granny took this picture, too!)


Finally, I made a layout with a vintage photo. It's my paternal grandmother (in the middle), her sister (on the right) and their best friend (on the left).


I also made a couple cards. This first one was made just because I loved all the buttons in the kit. I was messing around with them and pulled out the fun, floral ones and made this card. Very easy, just used some scraps left over from the above layouts and some doodling. :)


I made this last card after I made the Friends layout because I really liked how the vintage dress pattern flower turned out and I wanted to make some more. :D Super easy and super sweet!

I still have a bunch of stuff left and I'm definitely keeping it all together. It's just such a great kit!!! If you do want one, make sure to get over to Dixie Pieces quickly, they are available beginning Friday!

3 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

I really love these projects!

joscelyne cutchens said...

very cute projects! I love the sewing pattern paper :)

Heather said...

fabulous layouts & I look forward to seeing more :)