Monday, April 11, 2011

Audrey's Tutu Sweet Birthday Party! ****The Stuff I Made Post****

For Miss Thing's party, I wanted a sort of "dress-up" theme. She's really into putting on other people's shoes and randomly wearing other people's clothes (and her own) so it works with who she is right now. Since she was turning two, I figured making a tutu was the next obvious step. :) I made her a light pink, lavender and white one which she had fun with but then I got the tutu making bug and went out and bought some teal, lime and bright blue tulle. Oh lordy, she loved it!!! She ran around the house in it making airplane noises!!! Anyway, I got a bit carried away and made a matching tutu for her dolly, along with a headband with a tulle puff and a clip with a tulle puff that either she or her dolly could wear. I used almost every square inch of those 45 yards of tulle! Oh, I bought three 6" rolls of tulle not 45 actual yards! LOL!!! Here's Miss Thing and her dolly all decked out. A closer shot of her headband. (The headband was from Dollar Tree and the bling is from My Mind's Eye.) I cut six circles of tulle, stacked them and pinched the centers and stitched them together and then stitched it straight onto the headband.
And here's Andrew providing a better look at the tutu itself. Isn't he the hottest model ever!
Here's Miss Thing's birthday card. I used the March kit from My Scrapbook Nook. It's such a pretty, girly kit! This is the only thing I've made with it so far because I've just been too busy. I already have had my April kit for a few weeks now! LOL! Anyway, I'm thinking a bunch of her party will be scrapped using this kit. :)
Now this next item is actually spring themed subway art that I found on the eighteen25 blog. It's a super cute crafty blog ran by three sisters. Love that blog! Anyway they posted this cute spring subway art here on their blog and I just thought it was adorable!



But, I really wanted something in a more pastel theme so I pulled it into PSE and fiddled around with it and came up with this! Love!!!! I printed it up at 8x10 and spray painted this junky old frame I found with aqua paint and it's just perfect together!Now, how does this relate to Miss Thing's birthday party? Well, I decided to create some subway art themed just for her birthday! I was even able to use the same frame as the spring one I made as the colors went really well together. You'll see pics of that when I post about her party in general. :)

And finally, I made cupcakes!!! I'm so glad cupcakes are in right now because they are so much less stressful to make than a full cake. If you burn a few cupcakes, no big deal. If you burn one side of your cake....disaster!!! We had rainbow chip cupcakes with rainbow chip frosting and I found some Easter candy corn to make little flowers on each one. Yum!!!



So, that's the stuff I made for Miss Thing's 2nd birthday. I'll post her party itself next! :)

1 comment:

Emily Leiphart said...

Erica, thanks so much for your sweet comment over at Paper Crafts Connection! I love the photos of your children. They are adorable!! The birthday card you made is gorgeous!