Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dress Pattern Flower Tutorial













Here's a tutorial for the flowers I made using the dress pattern that came in my April Dixie Pieces kit.

The supplies you'll need from the kit are the buttons, a scrap of cardstock and your dress pattern. You'll also need adhesive and a small circle punch, mine just happens to have a funky edge, you could also use one with a scalloped edge.
First up, punch a circle out of your scrap of cardstock. It really doesn't matter which color you choose as we will be covering it up. This is just our base to work on. Then, cover the base with adhesive. I left the middle empty because we'll be using a different kind of adhesive in the center of the flower. Next, fold up your pattern and punch through multiple layers of it.


I folded mine a ton and with only two punches had enough circles to complete my flower.



Now, we are going to scrunch of one of the circles. I folded mine loosely in half and then when I went to fold it in half again, rolled it a bit.



Adhere your scrunched pattern petal to the edge of your base circle.



Continue building your flower, petal by petal.



When you are finished it should look something like this.



Now, find a button that covers the cardstock that is showing in the middle and adhere it using a glue dot or two.



Fluff up the edges and you are finished!


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and here the projects I made using this technique.




If you have any questions please feel free to ask away!

6 comments:

~jan said...

Terrific tutorial, Erica! :)

Anonymous said...

Great easy-to-understand instructions, Erica! And your card and layout are lovely, too!
- Ann

Vicki said...

Fabulous! I love these and can't wait to try making some! TFS!

Vicki said...

Fabulous flowers! I can't wait to try making these. TFS!!

LisaM said...

Love these! I also love the border you created with the pattern! Great tutorial!

Lisa Watson said...

Wonderful tutorial!!! Love the flowers you created!