Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Mist Inventory!

On the Studio Calico blog, I'd seen someone (I think Maggie Holmes??) post about their mist inventory. They just took some white cardstock and sprayed on different sections and wrote the name down after. It looked very functional but not very pretty. (Well, the colors were scrumptious!!!)

Anyway, it got me thinking. Monday, when I had some scrappin' time and very little Mojo I decided to put my idea into action.

I punched out a bunch of white cardstock with my EK Success Realtor Sign punch and then sprayed each one with a different colored mist.


After they dried, I punched a hole in the top (the lightest sprayed end) and wrote the company and color name on the back. I used black cardstock for my white mists and my trusty Signo Uni-ball pen in white to write the names.


I also thought ahead and punched out a bunch of extras so that when I add to my collection, I'll only have to spray and write and not dig everything else out again. (Now, that's using your noggin', Er!)

So, that's my pretty, new, functional mist inventory! In ROY G BIV order, right Joscie??? ;)

Edited to add: It was Maggie Holmes and here's her post!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I definitely need to do this! I once did it with ink pads but need to do it for my mists! Great idea!

Kim Holmes said...

Great idea!

~jan said...

Pretty and functional! :)

LisaM said...

Great idea! TFS!

joscelyne cutchens said...

!! I love it Erica! :) xox

Angela Fehr said...

Great idea! I don't have that much mist yet but it is quickly accumulating - and I love my glimmer mists so much that I once dreamed that they were the first things I rescued in a house fire!