Wednesday, June 1, 2011

School's Out!!! (Dixie Pieces June Kit)



School's out for summer, school's out forever!


LOL! Okay, enough of my off-key warbling, and on with the kit!


This kit was super fun and went really well with my desire to scrap Little Man as much as possible! Lots of great primary colors and some more sophisticated colors and patterns too! I love the included stamp from Kaisercraft as well as that awesome sticker sheet from Memory Works. I had the most fun with the bottle of Glossy Accents and used it on every layout. The small sized bottle is perfect for those of you who haven't tried it before and for those who already love it (me! me!) you can use your bigger bottle and save the smaller one for crops. (Totally my plan!)


Now, for the fun stuff I made with the kit. First up, we have Argh! I'm a pirate!


When Miss Thing was teeny, I took them both to a park in Canby and our social butterfly, Mr. Mitchell, immediately made a friend and they started playing pirate. He used his hand to improvise an eye patch and it just cracked me up! I inked the chipboard letters with the included red ink pad and then used Glossy Accents on them as well to give a super dimensional look. I also Glossied-up (new technical term) on of the square chipboard buttons after I inked it brown then I adhered it over a piece of the navy ribbon to mimic a pirates belt and buckle.


Quick tip~If you use a ton of Glossy Accents on your pieces (me! me!) make sure you give them enough time to dry. I got this layout put all together except for the chipboard pieces. I put them on a piece of wax paper, Glossied them and then let them dry overnight. I also outlined the piece first and then filled in with tons of the stuff. This keeps it from spilling over the edges so you can get more of it on your pieces.

My second layout is a quick documentation of Mickey's pajama day at preschool.



The yellow smiley face in the picture inspired the large circle on the page and I had to use the buttons so I could use more Glossy Accents! Hee!

My last layout is The Thinker. (That picture under the title just cracks me up!)
I love that green lined paper and it's got a super cute aqua paper on the back side. Yay, aqua!!! I punched three little stars from it and Glossied them too. They only took about an hour to dry. I used a ultra fine Sharpie for my journaling but I think I'm going to stick to my beloved LePens from now on as the Sharpie kind of blurred a bit.


I also made a couple cards with the kit. First up, a fun Thanks card. I used the chipboard letters as stamps! (Pretty messy, tweezers are recommended!)

Finally, a more formal Thinking of You card. I went a little nuts and used up almost every rub-on in the package. Hee!



So there you have it! The June Dixie Pieces kit, School's Out! Check back tomorrow for the sweet little mini album I made with DP's add-on kit!