Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gorgeous Girl

This Nook challenge required a black and white photo and I knew right away which one I wanted to use.  This is one of my all time favorite photos and I just adore it in black and white!


I went really simple on the embellishments as I wanted the photo to take center stage.  That said, I love these banners and couldn't resist using them!
 The title uses the reverse grid Thickers that came in my Nook kit and some Lily Bee letter stickers from another kit.  The background for the title is cut from another piece of paper.

 Finally, it just needed another pop of yellow so I added it right beside her pretty face.  We may have a problem when she hits dating age!!!
Funny thing about this layout.  I'd originally planned the black frame to just be about a 1/4" wide and have it behind the aqua paper.  After I cut the middle out of the black paper it landed on the aqua and I loved the large frame so much, I kept it!  I even popped it up on foam tape to accentuate it a little more.

I love happy accidents!

No comments: