Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Scrapped!

Whooo-hooo! I scrapped honeymoon pictures and it only took me three years! LOL!

Well, Jackie came over Saturday morning and I worked on a layout that I had started the night before. She started a really cute gift for her mom for Christmas. She is so getting an early start this year. Go Jackie!!! :D After Little Man went to bed, I finished all the embellishing and then completed my journaling this morning.
I cut around the edges of the circles with scissors to make my "scalloped edged" paper and cut the swirls out of a different sheet with my finger tip craft knife. Love that thing! I pulled up on some of the coils to give them a little oompf! The bird is a Quickutz die that I cut out of three sheets of cardstock and adhered on top of each other. I'm not huge on birds but I love the silhouette of the seagulls in the vertical picture and I wanted something for them. :)
I used my White Opal Ranger Liquid Pearls on the center of that little Prima and let it dry overnight.
The title is Quickutz with three sheets of cardstock, like the bird. I chose white for it so that it would almost melt into the background and at first glance it appears as white space. Oh, and the little orange button makes the third splash of orange with the two Primas.
The patterned paper and the chipboard are Creative Imaginations Vibe line. I wanted a really muted background so that my pictures would really stand out. They are actually some of the last film photos I ever took! Well, not counting a few disposable cameras. ;)

Thanks for checking it out!

2 comments:

Shaina said...

I love the swirls! hand cut you said? Very very cool!
Oh, and it's been over 9 years for us, and we still haven't done the wedding pictures.

Christina Carnoy said...

That is gorgeous! Way to go!