Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Few Cards

I had to make a couple thank you cards and a baby shower card last week so I thought I'd share them here. The thank yous should have reached their recipients by now and the baby shower card will get to it's owner on Saturday. (Jackie, don't look!!!)

Here are the two thank you cards. They are for my aunt and my cousin who sent us the cutest little towel, bathrobe and outfit for Audrey. The bathrobe is pink with giraffes!!! Stinkin' cute! And so very appropriate for my tall family. :D

These are matchbook style cards like the one I made for Andrew for Valentine's Day. (Yes, he did have a hard time opening it. And I laughed!) I used Bazzill cardstock for the card bases and some Bazzill scraps for the white, pink and aqua. I punched along the bottom of the white with a Martha Stewart punch. I finally used it!!!! The aqua flower is Prima, the pink is Heidi Swapp and the two green ones are Bazzill. I got the epoxy stickers at Jo's and they are the JoAnn's brand. The ribbon is just some random scraps I had. Feels good to use up scraps!

Here's the baby shower card. (Jackie, I warned you!) ;) It's for my friend Jackie who is due nine days before I am. She and her husband aren't going to find out the sex of the baby so I had to make a very gender neutral card.


The card base is more white from my scrap drawer and the green was leftover from the above cards. The orange and the chipboard are DCWV, the rubon is American Crafts and the flower is Heidi Swapp. The little orange bling is from the Target Dollar Spot. I used a corner rounder on the bottom two corners of the card and the cardstock with the sentiment. And, I used my favorite border punch, Threading Water on the white. Oh, and it's really hard to see but I sanded the edges of the orange cardstock and made some faux stitches with my Signo Uniball pen on the green with the onesie on it to match the faux stitches on the rubon.

Well, that may be it for the crafty posts for a while. I'm going to be packing up my scrap stuff in the next day or so. If I get ambitious, I may photograph a few things that I've had done for a while. But, don't count on it! LOL!

Tomorrow, I've got a prenatal appointment and then I think my mom and I are going to head up I-5. I need to pick out a crib at Babies R Us and I may get a few things for Audrey while I'm there because Salem doesn't have a Babies R Us. We're also going to Scrapbook Attack. I've got quite a bit of credit left up there and I need to use it up. It expires when they have their next garage sale and the drive from Silverton is pretty long when your pregnant. :) Also, if I buy it tomorrow, I can pack it with the rest of my stuff.

Oh, and we are going to look for a twin mattress for Mickey. He's moving to a big boy bed when we move to Silverton! I'm hoping that the first night he'll be so tired from the excitement of the move that he'll stay in bed. Wishful thinking, I'm sure! LOL!

No comments: