Friday, September 2, 2011

Dixie Pieces September Kit!!!

The September Dixie Pieces kit, called "A Bird's Life" transitions us from summer into fall with bits of summer sky blues, oranges and yellows which flow into the greens and golds of fall. "A Bird's Life" flies away from the conventional and into the whimsical; it's perfect for capturing your summer or fall memories. You'll find your favorite manufacturers here -- American Crafts, Bazzill, Basic Grey, Lily Bee, and Maya Road; plus a new one for Dixie Pieces, Harmonie from Montreal. We can't wait to see what you create with this kit!_________________________________________________________________


This was another fun kit! I pretty much used those super cute felt trees on every single project. I think only one card and one layout escaped the trees. :)



I used an orange felt tree on this card as a focal point along with that super cute orange woodgrain paper. Yay, orange!!! (Go Beavs!!!!)


This next card was a true labor of love. I made it for Andrew's birthday and it took forever to glue those cute little tiles onto it. I adore how it turned out though. Masculine cards all tend to look alike after a while and I love how different this one is.


This layout was just fun. I love white space layouts even though I don't do them very often. Mickey's preschool teacher saved this art project for him while he was in the hospital and I just thought that was so sweet of her. He loved getting to do it at home.

On this layout, I used the burlap pennant as a tent and turned one of the chipboard clouds into rocks.

I made this final layout simply to showcase one of my more recent favorite photos. The water was truly like glass our first morning of the campout and I wanted to showcase that.


So, there we have it! My projects for the Dixie Pieces September kit, A Bird's Life! I hope you liked them and thanks for stoppin' by! :)