Monday, December 10, 2007

Homemade Christmas Ornaments!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love making ornaments! They are so fun and quick and easy! One of my favorite ornaments is one I made in kindergarten. It's a clay star with a circle in the middle and my picture in it. I painted the whole thing orange and covered it in glitter! I must have known that I was going to go to OSU!!! LOL!

I made star ornaments for everyone in the family (including the cat and the dog) with a picture on one side and our names on the other. I made two extra stars, too. They say "Hettwer Family" and "Christmas 2007".

To make the glittered glass balls, I coated the insides with watered-down Aileen's craft glue and then some Martha Stewart glitter. That Martha's got some great glitter, really fine and gorgeous colors! (Make sure you water down the glue first! I made one where I forgot and added the water after the glue and it's a little uneven! Ha!)

I got the instructions to make the pinecone ornament here. http://inkspirations.blogspot.com/2006/11/its-here-tutorial-for-pinecone-balls.html Very cool, and easier than it looks.

6 comments:

Corina said...

I love them!! Your little man is just Soooooo cute!!

joscelyne cutchens said...

soooooooooooooooo cute! i love it! your little boog is the cutest ever. and those glitter on the inside guys are great too!

Julie, aka Scrapperdays said...

I love that ornament. Clever use of buttons. I would not have thought of buttons on an ornament (but I probably will now).

Samantha said...

Very cute!! I'll have to give this a try, whenever I find extra time ;)

joscelyne cutchens said...

tag, you're it!
http://www.cutchens.com/joscelyneblog/blogger.html

camport said...

love the stars! And the little pinecone looking ornaments, too.

:)Chrissy
unpubbed.blogspot.com