Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I did it!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I put up our Christmas lights all by myself!!! I've never done it before and I did it first time out of the gate without falling off the ladder! My dad came over and played with little man while I did it. It was a great day for putting up lights...sunny and 60!!! Amazing for Oregon in December!

There was one minor snafu. I had checked each strand indoors and then put them up one at a time. Once I plugged them all in, half of one strand was out!!!! Argh!!! Fortunately, my mom was able to stop by on her way home so I could replace that one strand. It went really quick.

I used about 2/3 of a box of gutter clips...of the four boxes of 100 clips and 2 boxes of 25 eaves clips that I bought. Whoops! Wasn't sure how many I needed and didn't want to have to run back to the store. LOL!

Anyway, they are up and on and I can't wait for Andrew to get home and see them!!!

If it stays dry tonight I'll post pics! :D

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Beautiful!! WTG on hanging those lights all by yourself. I'm sure your hubby will love it :)

joscelyne cutchens said...

great job woman! I have never decorated the outside of my house... I hope all is well with you and your family... I have been thinking about the ckc seattle crew everytime I see the flooding on the news!

Shaina said...

Looks great!

Julie, aka Scrapperdays said...

Very impressive. I'm making my husband do the outdoor stuff this year. Yesterday, he got one entire window done. He's a little slow-going when it comes to chores around the house! Your house looks great! You should do a page about it ...

Unknown said...

great job, that is moe than I could do for sure, well at 5 foot 2...I could probably decorate a bush!

great job mamma!

Dettao said...

Good job. I certainly have never attempted that feat! I love the descriptions of your blogging buddies. Too funny

sssalad said...

Great job on hanging the lights! They look great in the picture! I always wanted to do this to our house, but my DH doesn't want to, and I would surely fall off the ladder - I lose my balance on a step stool! LOL