Monday, June 8, 2009

I Made It!!! (and some layouts)

I made it to Round Three of the Nook Scrap Off! I'm really very excited and quite a bit nervous. I think they are going to announce the first challenge today!!!

So, to calm my nerves a bit, I'll post the layouts I made for Round Two.

This first layout was to be inspired by something in/around your home. The lamp on my nightstand is what I used for inspiration. The base is clear and the shade is covered in flowers. So I created a layout where the base is a transparancy and bordered it with flowers. I actually made my lampshade, too! It was inspired by that episode of Trading Spaces where Hilde stapled silk flowers to a bathroom's walls. Do you remember that???
This next challenge was called use this, not that. There was a list of things we should and should not do/use on our layout. We had to use the color yellow, no stars, flowers, at least three patterned papers, and no brads. This is what I came up with. The journaling is to the right of the photo.
This was my layout for the Round Two main challenge. We had to scrap a current (taken after the challenge was announced) self portrait and the theme of the layout was Keepin' It Real.

I made a two page layout for a challenge that needed to have shaped photos. But, I didn't enter it in the challenge because it was a double or nothing challenge!!! The top five layouts got 15 points, the next five got zero and the rest of the field lost five points!!! I'd missed a bunch of points for some blog hops/gallery love and was waaaaaay too chicken to enter it!

This last layout was a challenge to use those journaling spots that we all have. No patterned paper was allowed, just journaling spots on a sheet of cardstock. So, I made a layout using up some Scenic Route journaling spots. The layout is about how two of my nieces.

Well, that's all the stalling I can do this morning. I'm off to go check the boards to see if the new challenge is up!

2 comments:

Luv2talk said...

Just stopping by to say, "HI!"

Great work and those kids are DARN CUTE!

Marilyn said...

YAY!!!!

I tagged you on my blog, www.melonscraps.blogspot.com